Wrinkles are the most common side effect of aging. With Botulinum toxin type-A injection products like Botox, Xeomin and Dysport, you can keep your skin free from wrinkles despite of your growing age. These neurotoxins are used in the cosmetic treatment for glabellar frown lines, crow’s feet (wrinkles around eye) and forehead lines.
Neurotoxin are injected into the small muscles between the brows that causes those specific muscles to halt their function (be paralyzed), thereby improving the appearance of the wrinkles. This paralysis is temporary, and re-injection is necessary within three to four months. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of the frown lines between your brows, your crow’s feet lines and your forehead lines.
Q: When will I see results?
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours, with results lasting up to 4 months for moderate to severe frown lines.
Will my face look overdone or unnatural?
This is a technique-sensitive treatment. A licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy, can deliver very subtle results that so you’ll look like yourself—only with less noticeable lines. No one should be able to tell you’ve had anything done. At Rejuve we are lucky to have a team member, Stacy Head, who has 5 plus years’ experience injecting neurotoxins and other fillers and is known for delivering gorgeous looking superior results.
What should I expect? Does treatment hurt?
This treatment just feels like a pinch. Your injector may apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.
Due to natural aging process, the middle skin layer thins due to collagen loss. This reduces skin’s ability to retain elasticity and moisture (from Hyaluronic acid) and in turn this can lead appearance of wrinkles, facial lines and skin laxity. Dermal fillers can be used to minimize these effects of ageing. These are soft substances which can be injected to fill out cheek hollows where collagen has been lost, adding volume and fullness.
There are several fillers like Juvederm, Radiesse and Restylane that are
- JUVÉDERM® family fillers are a smooth, crystal-clear Hyaluronic Acid (HA)fillers that are administered by injection. HA is a natural substance in the skin that delivers nutrients, helps the skin retain moisture and softness, and adds volume. Different formulations are approved to either lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, smooth vertical lip lines or plump the lips. The results are subtle and long lasting.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding subtle volume around the nose and mouth in adults over the age of 21.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC adds volume to the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC adds subtle volume to lips and softens the appearance of vertical lip lines.
- JUVÉDERM® XC smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC adds fullness and plumps lips as well as soothes and corrects moderate to severe parentheses lines in adults.
Radiesse: RADIESSE is a wrinkle filler used to plump the skin. RADIESSE is injected through a small needle and placed under the skin. Immediately, this filler works to add volume under the skin and over time, the benefits of RADIESSE continue by stimulating your body’s own natural collagen. The natural results have been shown to last a year or more in many patients, making the treatment results both immediate and long lasting.
Restylane® can be used to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds). Restylane may also be used for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years.