Story of Owensboro Medical Practice
Welcome to Owensboro Medical Practice
In April 2001, Dr. Kishor Vora built a bold, new medical complex on the corner of East Parrish Avenue and Breckenridge Street, ‘The Owensboro Medical Practice’. A state-of-the-art facility, anchored by Dr. Vora’s cardiology practice, Owensboro Heart and Vascular, it grew quickly to include a variety of excellent health services under his leadership like primary care and urgent care.
Owensboro Medical Practice was founded by Kishor Vora MD, FACC, FSCAI, Medical Director who in early 2000 saw an opportunity for a new medical facility in Owensboro, KY, and began exploring the possibilities of a new healthcare organization located on the corner of Parrish Avenue and Breckenridge Street now known as Owensboro Medical Practice.
Owensboro Medical Practice is dedicated to improving and maintaining the health of the communities it serves. We achieve this through individualized, multispeciality medical services; through innovative research to provide optimal, evidence based treatment modalities; through education and health promotions; and through the continued adherence to the personal, hometown atmosphere and attitudes that have long been at the heart of the organization.
An innovative approach to medicine has distinguished our providers as leaders in community healthcare and for state-of-the-art medicine in Kentucky, southern Indiana and southern Illinois. We are constantly thriving to provide the best care available to our patients. “Compassionate Quality Care” is our motto!
- The Hancock Clinic, a family practice and internal medicine clinic, opened its doors to the public in January 2002.
- Health Scan, the first Electron Beam Tomography CT scan system in Kentucky, became operational in June 2002.
- Dr. Vora was nominated as Entrepreneur of the Year by the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce in 20022001
- OMP opened its doors to patients in April 2001 with only 18 employees. The company has now grown to 100+ team members.
- The Immediate Care Center, an urgent care facility, and the McLean Clinic, an internal medicine and family practice clinic, both began taking patients in July 2001. When Immediate Care Center opened, we added an x-ray to the practice on Breckenridge Street.
- Owensboro Primary Care, an internal medicine and family practice clinic, became operational in August 2001.
- OMP Laboratory became operational in August 2001.